WORLD UNIVERSITY OF PRAYER & FASTING (WUPF)
An overflow of Z.T. Fomum's ministry of prayer.
Who we are
The World University of Prayer and Fasting (WUPF) is a Christian Institution which is the overflow of the prayer life and prayer ministry of Professor Zacharias Tanee Fomum (Brother Zach); the founding leader of Christian Missionary Fellowship International (CMFI). The WUPF serves the interests of the Lord through His people all over the world, no matter the Christian group to which they belong.
The WUPF serves the people of Christian Missionary Fellowship International specifically with respect to helping them to accomplish the goal God gave them.
“You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”
- Ensure that the practice of prayer taught us is kept and committed to faithful people; i.e., depositories of brother Zach's teaching and practice of prayer
- Stir people to come out and do great things for God and for the building of the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Ensure that the prayer and fasting responsibility given by God to the saints of the Christian Missionary Fellowship International (CMFI) family of churches for the promised worldwide revival is communicated
- Produce missionaries of prayer and fasting Produce leaders of prayer and fasting
- Ensure that discipleship to the Lord Jesus Christ as was lived and practiced by brother Zach is taught by Biblical teaching and life
- Produce people who seek, find, know and love God. Such will serve God as an overflow of the knowledge of God and love for God
- Produce people with a knowledge of God who will pray specifically for the success of our ministry (the ministry God has give us through brother Zach)
- Ensure that all who come to the courses pray in a disciplined way and:
- receive answers to their prayers
- Pray an average of 1-3 hours alone a day
- fast an average of 1 day each week and 3-7 days each month
- Have the appropriate prayer documents
- Ensure that praying and fasting pastors, evangelists and spiritual leaders are produced
Part 1: From 1999 to 2009 in Yaounde – Cameroon:
Four courses on prayer of 2 to 7 days were carried out with a total of 6,869 participants from:
- 9 nations;
- 2 continents;
- 112 localities of which 12 were from the other nations and;
- 3 Christian groups participated.
PART 2: From 2009 TO July 2021 in Koume, Ndoumbi (Bertoua) – Cameroon:
One hundred and sixteen (116) courses ranging from 12 hours to 21 days have been offered with a total of 21,775 participants from:
- 50 nations;
- 6 continents;
- 580 localities of Cameroon and nations;
- 40 different Christian groups
- thousands of listeners online from about a hundred nations.
- 14 annexes of WUPF.
WUPF has awarded diplomas to our first laureates:
- 4 Ph.D. in fasting,
- 6 Master’s Degree in fasting and
- 1 First Degree in fasting.